After the amazing results I had with the prepoo oil treatment, I have decided to take it one step further and see what else I can do with oils. I suffer from dry scalp and it’s worse around my hairline. So for one whole week I have decided to do overnight oil treatments and see what happens. I started doing it last night and I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I used:
- 1 tbl spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbl spoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tbl spoon Castor Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Oil
(I did not use Dabur Amla simply because of the stench, I only use it when I know I will shampoo my hair in the morning)
So basically I mixed all the ingredients in a small microwaveable bowl and microwaved the mixture for about 30 seconds. Using my water bottle I prepared my hair by making it damp and soft, not dripping wet. I then massaged the oils into my hair for a while and out a plastic cap on. I then put a head scarf and my sleeping bonnet and that’s it! In the morning when I woke up my head was rather warm. So I got into the shower and rinsed off the oils with a little conditioner. I then dried off my hair and put my usual products and styled my hair as usual. For the first time my hair was not crackling dry by evening, it still felt somewhat soft and fluffy. I will experiment with other oils as well.
I am hoping to get even better results with time so if it works well in the one week, I will keep doing it. So stay tuned for the next update in one week!
I’d love any advice or words of warning you have. Keep reading!
- Home-made hair mask (naturallychique.wordpress.com)
- Castor Oil Gets a Rave Reader Review (bellasugar.com)
- I’m Trying the Oil Cleansing Method For a Month (bellasugar.com)
- Is castor oil used for cooking (wiki.answers.com)
- Five Ways to Use Olive Oil For Beauty (bellasugar.com)
- Do Oddball Hair Treatments Really Work? Yes and No (bellasugar.com)
- Olive Oil for Dry Scalp and Hair Growth. (loveinsydney.wordpress.com)
- Hot Oil Hair Treatment (prettygee.wordpress.com)
- Hot Oil Treatment for Hair (ahdalin.wordpress.com)
- How to Give Yourself a Scalp Treatment (bellasugar.com)
- Hooray For Hot Oil Hair Massages (bellasugar.com)
- Natural Tips For Healthy Hair (thinkaboutdis.wordpress.com)