I went to Trader Joe’s the other day and got me a bottle of their Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and I couldn’t wait to get home and try it out. The ingredients are mostly organic and the best part is that the shampoo has no sulfates although it is a clarifying shampoo. I washed my hair with the shampoo and it does have a mild pleasant scent to it, and it lathered on quite well. I did my usual conditioning and styling but after a few hours my scalp started to itch like mad, I have never itched that much. I immediately knew it must be a bad reaction to shampoo that I had had. I think the shampoo had dried out my scalp or something. My verdict: I hate this shampoo, never buying it again, I will stick to my Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three.
I had to undo the damage caused by the wretched shampoo and put moisture back into my hair. The solution, another hair mask! This time I tweaked it up a little, added some things and took away others.
- 2 tbl spoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbl spoons Honey
- Flour (adds shine to hair)
- Olive oil
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Dabur Amla oil (stinky but muy bueno!)
- Cayenne pepper oil
- Tea tree oil
- Jamaican black castor oil
- …and basically any other type of oil you want to add
Whisk all these ingredients together, you can add a bit of water when mixing in the flour. Wash your hair to get rid of build up and apply the mixture. Leave it on for an hour or two, but don’t sit under a dryer otherwise you will be baking your head! Remember to use shampoo when rinsing off the mix otherwise if you use plain water your hair will stink since the ingredients are organic. After washing be sure to condition your hair with a moisturizing conditioner.
My hair felt amazing, I could almost feel each individual strand, but best of all my scalp stopped itching. I love hair masks!
- Home-made hair mask (naturallychique.wordpress.com)
- Fab Shampoos and Conditioners for Curly Hair (fabsugar.com)
- The Procedure For Making Hair Spa (thinkaboutdis.wordpress.com)
- A setback (24hourhair.wordpress.com)
- How To Care For Long Hair: The Grazia Beauty Team’s Personal Regimes! (graziadaily.co.uk)
- A Shampoo and Conditioner For All Hair Types(!) (fabsugar.com)
- More, More, MORE From Frederic Fekkai (fabsugar.com)
- Beauty tip (camiflage.wordpress.com)
- Manage tresses easily with Style Aromatherapy (thathazeleyes.wordpress.com)
- Got Kinky, Curly, or Wavy Hair? Read This. (bellasugar.com)
- Homemade hair masks for dry hair (hairtreatmentmagazine.wordpress.com)